Sunday, November 25, 2007

Accepting Life

My beautiful son Korbin was born premature July 11, 2007 weighing only 3 lbs 15 oz and 17 inches long. Having my child stuck in NICU for weeks was the absolute hardest thing I had to deal with. Now, four and a half months later he is already 15 lbs and perfect. He is quite the boob-a-holic and is definitly a mommy's boy. He is my life <3>

Having a child when my life was just beginning at first was devastating. I couldn't believe this was happening to me. I was taking a year off after high school. Waittressing in a peeler bar...making more money in a week than most do in a month...partying more in a week than most do in a year. Some would call it carelessness...I call it fate. Everything happens for a reason and I am so thankful for my son because the road I was going down would most likely have been a long, bumpy one. The day I accepted this change was the day I alson found myself. I couldn't believe something so amazing and beautiful was happening to me. Korbin truly was a blessing. One year ago if you would have asked me how many kids I wanted I would have laughed and said ZERO. I hated kids! Now, I couldn't imagine life without one. The day Korbin was born was the day I accepted every good and bad thing that has ever happened to me. Without him I wouldn't be half the person I am now...

No comments: